Sunday, February 20, 2011

Green Juicin'

Hey look, I'm still here! It's been more than a year since my last post and I doubt anyone even reads this little blog anymore, but I like keeping it if only for my own reference - it's handy to be able to scroll back and remind myself of some good recipes when I start to get bored... and to those of you who may still be around - hello again!!!

Anyways, I read Crazy Sexy Diet recently and it got me all excited about juicing. In the past I've stuck with smoothies, and I still like smoothies for the fact that all of the good fiber is incorporated into your drink, but variety is good, and green juices have a lot going for them as well. I got a used Champion juicer a few weeks ago on Craigslist and ever since, I've been making juice nearly every day.

I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but here's a shot of a big 'salad-in-a-glass' juice I made tonight - it contained an entire bunch of spinach (leaves only), one cucumber, two celery stalks, 1/4 lemon (sans peel), one mango (also peeled), and one pear.

No comments:

Post a Comment