Saturday, March 7, 2009

Helloooooo Out There...

Welcome to my world... Planet Smoothie! I am a hard-working, animal-loving, VitaMix-owning vegan and I'm hoping this will be a place where I can (a) preach the vegan smoothie gospel, (b) share amazing recipes that will help you eat lots more fruits and veggies than you ever thought possible, and (3) create a paperless archive of my adventures in smoothie making for my own later use.


When I recently acquired my VitaMix blender, I did some surfing and was kind of disappointed by the lack of appetizing, interesting smoothie blogs out there* so I thought, what the hell, I have three blogs already (and tons of spare time {not}), why not start a fourth blog for smoothies?

Why smoothies, you ask?
  • Smoothies are fun. Even the name is fun. Heck, even typing the name is fun.
  • Smoothies are delicious.
  • Smoothies are pretty.
  • Smoothies are portable.
  • Smoothies can help you get the nutrients your body needs in a very yummy way. My morning smoothie typically packs at least five servings of fruits and vegetables into one large drinking glass (around 2-1/2 cups).
I'll be focusing mainly on healthy smoothies (often blending leafy green veggies with fruits for a super-nutritious drink that's still sweet and tasty), but may occasionally post more dessert-y recipes as well.

So stay tuned, I'll be back soon with some mouth-watering recipes to share!

* In my search for other decent smoothie blogs, it's possible I overlooked some. If you know of any good smoothie blogs, please leave a comment with a link and I'll be happy to add them to my blogroll!

3 comments:

  1. That blender is wondering "what the heck?" It is so out of retirement.....good thing I let it rest up!!! It so did not know what it had coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I had a blender.....HA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, it doesn't know what's hit it. I've been using it 2-4 times a day every day. :-)

    ReplyDelete